From a childhood on an Iowa farm, Lori Erickson grew up to become one of America’s top travel writers specializing in spiritual journeys. When she’s not on the road, she lives in Iowa City, Iowa.
Lori is the author of the memoir Holy Rover: Journeys in Search of Mystery, Miracles, and God. Both irreverent and devout, Holy Rover explores the transformative power of travel through trips to a dozen holy sites.
She’s written other travel-related books and more than a thousand articles for national and regional publications. She’s also the creator of Spiritual Travels, a website featuring holy sites around the world.
Awards and Media Coverage for Holy Rover
- First place in the Spiritual/Religious category in the 2018 Hollywood Book Festival
- Finalist for the INDIES Travel Book of the Year in 2017
- One of the top travel books for the 2017 holiday gift season: Associated Press
- Chicago Tribune
- USA Today
- Next Avenue
- Iowa Public Radio’s Talk of Iowa
- Publishers Weekly
- Booklist (American Library Association)
- Interview on NPR’s WCBE station in Ohio
- Detroit News
- Cedar Rapids Gazette (author profile and book review)
- Columbus Dispatch
- Foreword Reviews
- Religious Travel Planning Guide
- Perspectives in Healing
- Light Of Consciousness Magazine
- Kenosha (Wisconsin) News
- UC Observer Magazine
- Experience Life Magazine