From a childhood on an Iowa farm, Lori Erickson grew up to become one of America’s top travel writers specializing in spiritual journeys. When she’s not on the road, she lives in Iowa City, Iowa.
Lori is the author of the memoir Holy Rover: Journeys in Search of Mystery, Miracles, and God. Both irreverent and devout, Holy Rover explores the transformative power of travel through trips to a dozen holy sites.
She’s written other travel-related books and more than a thousand articles for national and regional publications. She’s also the creator of Spiritual Travels, a website featuring holy sites around the world.
Media Coverage for Holy Rover
- Finalist for the INDIES Travel Book of the Year (winners to be announced in June at the American Library Association annual conference)
- One of the top travel books for the 2017 holiday gift season: Associated Press
- Chicago Tribune
- USA Today
- Next Avenue
- Iowa Public Radio’s Talk of Iowa
- Publishers Weekly
- Booklist (American Library Association)
- Detroit News
- Cedar Rapids Gazette (author profile and book review)
- Columbus Dispatch
- Foreword Reviews
- Religious Travel Planning Guide
- Perspectives in Healing
- Light Of Consciousness Magazine
- Kenosha (Wisconsin) News
- UC Observer Magazine
- Experience Life Magazine
Upcoming Speaking Engagement
Pilgrimage and Spirituality: April 7, 2 pm, First Congregational UCC Church, Mason City, Iowa